GRAND PRIX RACE SERIES ROAD/TRACK
Starts October 2016 to October 2017
POINTS TABLE – updated 21/3/2017 >> GrandPrixSeries_Road_Track_21_03_17
ROAD RACES & TRACK RACES – Age Graded Points
Some dates below have not been confirmed yet. Please check with race organisers before entering.
AWARDS NIGHT – Mid to Late October 2017
|• Senior Men
|• Senior Ladies
More info and links to events go to
- 1 – Tavy 7 – Sun 23rd October
- 2 – Dart Vale 10k – Sun 30th October
- 3 – 3000m Exeter Arena – Mon 21st November
- 4 – Wellington Monument 10k – Sun 18th December
- 5 – First Chance 10k – Sun 8th January
- 6 – Fulford Five – Sun 5th February
- 7 – Age UK Exeter 10k – Sun 19th March
- 8 – Fast Friday 10k (cityruns) – Good Friday
- 9 – Easter Bunny 10k – Easter Monday
- 10 – Bampton to Tiverton – Easter Monday
- 11 – Ivybridge 10k – May
- 12 – East Allington Primary School 10k – May
- 13 – Erme Valley Relays – July
- 14 – Chudleigh Carnival 5 – July
- 15 – Kingsbridge 10k – July
- 16 – Exeter 10k – July
- 17 – Torbay AC 5000m – Summer
- 18 – Dartmouth Regatta 5 – Aug Bank Holiday
- 19 – Newton Abbot Ladies 10k – Sun 24th Sept
- 20 – Best Half Marathon out of following – G.W.R / Dart Vale / Bideford / Bath / Taunton / Plymouth / Yeovil / Edinburgh
- 21 – Best Marathon out of following…
Dart Vale / Taunton / Manchester / London / Yeovil
- 22 – Best Run Exe Summer 5k out of following…
APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUG, SEPT (Tue eve)
- 23 to 28 Devon Open – 4 meetings during the Summer. Best of the following 6 distances:
- 23 – 100m, • 24 – 200m, • 25 – 400m, • 26 – 800m, • 27 – 1500m/mile, • 28 – 5000m.
- 29 – Torbay parkrun – your best Torbay 5k parkrun age graded points (up to 1st October) based on your Torbay 5k parkrun profile.
- THE CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL FULLY PAID-UP MEMBERS.
- ALL COMPETITORS MUST ENTER THE RACE AS AFFILIATED TO TORBAY ATHLETIC CLUB.
- RUNNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ORGANISING THEIR OWN ENTRIES TO ALL RACES – NO MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE WILL ASSIST IN OBTAINING RACE ENTRIES. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SOME OF THE MORE POPULAR RACES DO REACH LIMITS EARLY.
- IN CASES WHERE TWO RACES FALL ON THE SAME DATE, THE RUNNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DECISION AS TO WHICH TO ENTER.
- RACES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE COMMITTEE.
- POINTS WILL BE AWARDED BASED ON PERCENTAGES CALCULATED BY WMA (WAVA) 2015 AGE GRADING FACTORS.
- AT THE END OF THE COMPETITION, IN THE EVENT OF A TIE ON POINTS, THE WINNER WILL BE THE COMPETITOR WITH THE HIGHEST OVERALL AVERAGE AGE-GRADED PERCENTAGE OVER THE SEVEN BEST RACES USED TO CALCULATE THEIR POINTS.
- ANY MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOT RENEWED THEIR MEMBERSHIP BY THE ANNUAL DUE DATE, WILL HAVE ALL POINTS AWARDED DURING THE PERIOD OF LAPSED MEMBERSHIP REMOVED AND WILL NOT BE AWARDED FUTURE POINTS UNTIL THEIR MEMBERSHIP HAS BEEN RENEWED.
Race distance from 100metres up to a marathon.
Starts October 2016 to October 2017.
Torbay Athletic Club affiliated members only.
7 of these races must be completed in order to qualify for the Championship. Awards present in October 2017.
If more than seven races are completed, the runner’s best seven scores will count.
These races are scored on an age-graded basis with points being awarded for each race.
The club may introduce an alternative race before the awards night if any race is cancelled.
Please don’t take this competition too seriously. It is designed to help motivate members to keep running.